If you are in search of a cosmetic treatment that will restore your youthful look without having to undergo surgery, facial injectables may be an ideal option. These treatments can also be used to supplement surgical procedures and skin resurfacing for a complete facial transformation. There are several options offered by your cosmetic surgeon for you to choose from, each with distinct benefits to your skin.
- Botox and Dysport: Both Botox and Dysport work in the same way; they relax the underlying facial muscles that cause wrinkles to form in the brows or upper lips. Dysport is newer to the market than Botox, but they are both FDA approved for the same cosmetic purposes. Your doctor can discuss the specific benefits of each with you during your consultation, but the deciding factor will be individual preference, as both are effective treatments.
- Juvederm: This versatile dermal filler can be used for all types of facial lines with the added benefit of hydrating the skin. Juvederm is hyaluronic acid based, making it compatible with the natural substances of the body.
- Artefill: Artefill is a unique type of filler that is made exclusively for smile lines around the mouth and nose. Results are long lasting because the filler does not become metabolized by the body.
- Restylane and Perlane: Like Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane are composed of hyaluronic acid, but they have the flexibility of varying density. This makes them appropriate for a wider range of depths that facial wrinkles may have.
- CosmoPlast: Patients with deep wrinkles can benefit from CosmoPlast, which restores collagen that is lost in the skin as a natural result of aging.
Get a closer look at all of these injectable options to give you smoother, more beautiful skin at Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre. Schedule a consultation by calling (281) 394-4167 or visiting our website.